- Fresh Fruit
- Kale chips or Apple chips
- Raw nuts (unsalted and plain)
- Air popped popcorn (without butter)
- Cup of Soy Milk
- Vegetable Juice (Any type of Vegatable Juice without any added sugar)
Here are some quick and simple, not to mention healthy, snacks!
Whenever I'm scrolling through my instagram feed a get to see amazing healthy food inspo! All the things on @almondsandoats make you super hungry and inspire you to get out there and cook!
1. Why did you guys decide to start this Instagram?
A few years ago, we went to summer camp and stuffed our faces with Oreos and fluffernutter sandwhiches and we came back home fifteen pounds heavier! We were horrified and confused. We didn't know what to do! We spent a lot of time researching and reading up about diets and healthy lifestyles and we eventually set up a lifestyle plan for ourselves that included meals and exercise programs. We lost the weight quickly and toned up as well. We are still following our program and wanted to share our healthy food ideas with the Instagram community!
2. How did you pick the name almonds and oats?
We love almonds...and we love oats. Pretty simple ;)
3. Do you plan what you are going to make each week or does it just come to you guys?
We don't plan our posts. We try to post at least three times a week but we never have a specific plan of exactly what we want to post!
4. Is everything you make vegetarian?
Nope, we love our fish and chicken way too much for that haha!
5. How do you keep healthy?
Stay focused on your goals by setting a plan. Write it out so that you know EXACTLY what your goals are and what you have to do and eat! We work together and help motivate each other. Try making a set time every night to go running with your best friend!
6. What do you think is key to making your own food?
We're constantly making smoothies with our blenders (we love vitamix!) and we love making our own nut butters in the food processor..those are two great machines to own!
7. Why do you think its so key to interact with your followers on instagram?
Their opinions mean so much to us and we love helping our followers. Their kind messages are so thoughtful and motivate us to create more and work even harder! It's important to interact with our followers because they keep us going! We are so thankful to them for following us through our health journey and we can't even express the gratitude and love we have for them!! :)
8. Anything you would like to say to the readers (health, fitness, life wise...?
If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us! You can contact us on our Instagram, email or kik us! Thank you guys for your constant support! Xx